The Computational Biology Departmental Undergraduate Group (Compbio DUG) is a student-run group that organizes social and academic events throughout the year to engage undergraduates interested in CS, biology, applied math, and medicine. Its primary goal is to foster a strong community among like-minded undergraduates as they navigate the study of computational biology at Brown.
Comp Bio DUG
You’ve come to the right place! Joining the DUG listserv and reaching out to the current DUG leadership team are two great ways to start investigating course paths, research opportunities and career trajectories accessible as a computational biology concentrator. Check out course requirements on Bulletin and alumni pathways on Focal Point! Visit the Center for Computational Molecular Biology (CCMB) for a glimpse into the world of Compbio@Brown.
- The Great Compbio Adventure (TGCA): An online compbio-themed team-based puzzlehunt (complete at least one puzzle for a chance to win FREE TGCA/Compbio DUG swag!)
- Compbio Alumni Panel (Cancelled due to COVID-19)
- Alex Le & David Lee (DUG Leaders): Alexander_Le@brown.edu & Inho_Lee@brown.edu
- Nathaniel Gill (CCMB Manager): firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2020-2021: Kelly Clark
- 2019-2020: Elliot Youth, Anina Hitt
- 2018-2019: James Fife
- 2017-2018: Isaac Kim, Bethany Dubois, Isaiah Bryant